Virtual reality has benefited from the health crisis and is now fully democratized. In 2021, Statista put forward a 24.4% increase in global revenues compared to 2020. If the uses of the virtual reality have become more and more important in our societyThis is particularly true in the retail sector. Indeed, therise of immersive technologies has brought new practices to the retail sector. Moreover, the revolution metaverse revolution will change our consumption habits.
Discover in our infographic the key figures of virtual reality in the retail sector.
Sources of key figures for virtual reality in retail
- The global virtual reality market was worth $4.84 billion in 2021, up 24.4% from 2020.
- 69% of French people would like to be able to buy clothes and accessories in virtual reality.
- 70% of consumers who visited a store in the metaverse consumed (internal survey).
- An average of 17% improvement in online conversion rates in 2020 thanks to VR.
- 51% of consumers are willing to use augmented reality to shop.
- 60% of Gen Z think brands should sell their products on metaverse platforms (internal survey).
- Nearly 7/10 consumers in Europe would like to see virtual tours become more democratic.
- By the end of 2022, more than 120,000 stores in France will be using augmented reality technologies, offering a much richer shopping experience.
- 61% of customers in the U.S. say they prefer stores with augmented reality experiences.
- 40% of in-store customers would be willing to pay more for a product they could personalize in augmented reality (same source as the previous link).